This article applies to all TeamViewer Meeting users.
In this article you will learn how to join a TeamViewer Meeting using the TeamViewer Meeting software via you computer or a mobile device and how to join a meeting from a telephone only.
📌Note: You can only join a meeting after the organizer has started it. Until s/he started the meeting you will be queued in a TeamViewer Meeting waiting room.
To join a TeamViewer Meeting meeting, the organizsator will share the following data with you by email or another communication tool:
- Start date and time
- Meeting ID
- Topic of the Meeting
- optional: Password
Joining using the TeamViewer Meeting software
After the organizator provided you with the meeting ID and a password (if
needed), you can join the TeamViewer Meeting meeting from your computer or mac.
1. On the navigation bar, click on Meeting and enter the Meeting ID under Join.
📌Note: You can enter the meeting ID with or without leading "m" and hyphens. TeamViewer Meeting adjusts the entry automatically.
If the meeting is not yet active, you must wait until the organizer starts it. If the organizer has protected the meeting with a password, you must enter the password.
2. After entering the TeamViewer Meeting meeting, you need to activate your microphone to speak with the other participants and your video to transmit your video.
Due to data protection reasons, you need to activate the microphone and your camera in each meeting manually.
Click on the microphone for speaking and activate your webcam for video transmission.
Join from "My recent Meetings"
If you have a concurrent meeting ID that you usually join, you can use the shortcut My recent Meetings.
1. Open your TeamViewer Meeting application and navigate to the Meeting tab. Click on the history arrow to open your recent meetings.
2. The list of the recent meetings shows the last five meetings you have joined in the past. If you would like to join one of those meetings, click on it and then click on Join.
If the organizer has started the meeting you will be prompted to it.
📌Note: If the meetings were not named or scheduled, you will see the meeting ID and the owner's name instead of a meeting name.
Joining using a Mobile Device
After the organizator provided you with the meeting ID and a password (if needed), you can join the meeting from your mobile device.
1. Download the TeamViewer Meeting App using the following links, accordingly. Please use the links from the mobile devices or visit your Application Store on the devices directly:
2. Open your application, enter the Meeting ID and click on Join
3. Unmute your microphone or start your webcam if desired.
Joining directly from the Chat
Prerequisite: Organizer and participant (s) are logged in with their TeamViewer account.
For the organizer:
1. Open your TeamViewer Meeting application and click on Meeting and Start Meeting.
2. Navigate to the Chat option.
3. Locate the contact with whom you would like to meet and type your meeting ID on the message. It must include the m at the beginning e.g. m00-901-469
As a participant:
1. click on the meeting ID.
2. You will be automatically prompted to the meeting.
3. Unmute your microphone and start your webcam accordingly.
Join via telephone
To join a meeting only via telephone, you need the meeting ID and a dial in number. Please keep in mind that joining via telephone only allows no screensharing or video transmission.
1. Dial the dial-in number on your telephone. You will find a list of the dial-in numbers here.
2. Wait until you are connected to an announcement. This can take a few seconds.
3. Follow the instructions in the announcement. When you are asked to enter the meeting ID, enter the numbers of the ID using your telephone.