This article applies to TeamViewer customers with Corporate or Tensor plan.
Jamf in an Enterprise Management platform focusing on Apple devices (iOS and macOS). You can find more information at https://www.jamf.com/ . TeamViewer has partnered with Jamf to bring an intuitive combined service that enabled initiating attended remote control sessions directly from the Jamf console.
The integration is available in the Jamf Pro subscription tier only.
In order to be able to use the TeamViewer integration in Jamf, you will need to have a TeamViewer account with an eligible license activated (see top of the article for details).
You will also need to create a Script token (preferably from the TeamViewer administrator account). To do this follow the steps below.
1) Login to https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn
2) Go to your avatar on the top right corner and select “Edit Profile”, as shown below.
3) Go to “Apps” and select “Create Script Token”, as shown below.
4) From the next screen select the permission scope “Session Management” as a minimum and click “Save”.
5) Store the generated Script-Token, as you will need it to set up the integration on the next step.
Activating the integration
The TeamViewer integration is readily available on the Jamf platform. No need to download and install any plugin.
- Once you have logged in to Jamf PRO, go to Management Settings -> Global Management -> Remote Administration, and click “New” (‘+’ sign on the top right corner).
- You will then be prompted to select the provider. Select TeamViewer as shown in the image below.
- Click “Next”
- Add a Configuration name and the Script Token from your TeamViewer account created in the previous chapter.
- The Maximum session time field defines the validity period of the Remote control invitation. This is the period after which the invitation will expire. This doesn’t affect the remote control connection, once it’s setup. The default value is 15 mins but can be set to any value from 1 min to 720 mins (1 day).
- The Script Token will be validated at this point to confirm that it’s a valid token with the required permissions.
- Click “Complete”.
The integration has now been activated.
How to initiate a TeamViewer remote control request
Once you have activated the integration with a licensed TeamViewer account you can initiate remote control requests.
To remote control a Mac, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Creating the session
- From the device inventory, select the device you want to control.
- Then go to tab “Management” and select “Remote Management”
- On the right panel enter a description for the issue (optional) and click “Start Session”
Step 2: Getting the notification
- The session will then be automatically created and a notification sent to the Self Service application of the target device as a bookmark.
- In the screenshots below, you can see the screen that the admin will see after the session has been generated.
- In the screenshot below you can see how the notification is displayed as a bookmark on the target Mac device.
Step 3 : Starting the session
- The administrator will then need to click on the Administrator link below
- ,which will open the locally installed TeamViewer application and join the session. The administrator will be in a ‘virtual lobby’ until the end user accepts the connection.
- On the other side, once the end user clicks the connection request in the bookmark, a browser window will open prompting him/her to select whether they want to use a locally installed TeamViewer version or use a one-time downloaded version (no installation needed). By checking the box “Remember the selection”, you won’t have to choose each time.
- The user is then prompted to accept the connection
, and the connection is setup!
❓ Can someone use the same TeamViewer account /license in multiple Remote Management configurations?
👉 Yes, there is no limitation. You can use Script token from the same account or the same Script Token to multiple Jamf Configurations.
❓ When a session has been created for a device, will that be visible from other administrators that have access to the Jamf PRO portal?
👉 Yes, once a session has been created, for as long as the session is still valid, it will be visible to all Jamf PRO users who have access to that device.
❓ In which Jamf subscription is the integration available?
👉 The TeamViewer integration is only available in the Jamf PRO subscription tier.